4 Tips to Better Position Yourself In This Bear Market
You already know that markets are declining so much that we are in bear market territory. But what’s the right thing to do? Stop investing? Sell the stock you have? Will the market come back soon?
We answer the key questions on your mind about the 2022 market crash and share 4 ways you can make and save money during this market downturn.
TUNE INTO THIS EPISODE TO LEARN:
- Tips to grow your money when the market is down
- How to unlock 10 years’ worth of tax savings
- The worst thing you can do when the market is down
WHAT WE DISCUSSED
(00:48) Will the market recover?
(02:25) “I don’t have time to wait for the market to recover” OR “How long does it take for bear markets to recover?”
(04:11) 4 tips to make and save money when the market is down
(04:11) Tip 1: tax loss harvesting
(07:04) Tip 2: Roth conversions
(08:54) Tip 3: rebalancing
(10:52) Tip 4: what to do if you have cash right now
(13:38) NEVER do this when the market is down
3 THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Whenever the market is down, we must start with the assumption that it will come back and recover at some point. History teaches us that this is the case. Believing history is our best bet.
- Historically, bear markets take around a year and a half to return to where they were.
- Just because the market is down doesn’t mean you can’t use that opportunity to your advantage. Some strategies to make and save money during a bear market include tax loss harvesting, Roth conversions, and rebalancing.
Connect with Jason Gabrieli: jgabrieli@HFMadvisors.com | LinkedIn
Connect with Tyler Reedman: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn
Like what you’ve heard…
Learn more about HFM HERE
Schedule time to speak with us HERE
Check out our Financial Wellness Program – HFM Ignite
102 WEST HIGH STREET, SUITE 200
GLASSBORO, NJ 08028
HFM Investment Advisors, LLC is a registered investment adviser. All statements and opinions expressed are based upon information considered reliable although it should not be relied upon as such. Any statements or opinions are subject to change without notice. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. All investments involve risk and are not guaranteed. Information expressed does not take into account your specific situation or objectives and is not intended as a recommendation appropriate for any individual. Listeners are encouraged to seek advice from a qualified tax, legal, or investment advisor to determine whether any information presented may be suitable for their specific situation. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.