We have officially entered a bear market. In this episode, Jason and Tyler discuss the 5 things you need to do to survive and thrive in any bear market. They discuss how long it will take for the market to recover, what can diminish your returns in a bear market and how to avoid it, what your mind is like in a bear market, and the main thing you have to know before changing any of your investments.
TUNE INTO THIS EPISODE TO LEARN:
- How checking your investment accounts directly affects your gains
- The best way to invest in every market
- How long it will take for the market to recover
TIMESTAMPS[00:39] Episode overview: What’s going on in the stock market? [01:33] Is there something we could have done to avoid a bear market? [02:26] The worst time to figure out your risk tolerance. [07:04] “I don’t have time for the market to recover” [08:20] How not diversifying can kill your returns (examples). [13:30] How often you should check your investment accounts. [17:22] How to THRIVE (not just survive) in a bear market.
3 KEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Know your risk tolerance and align it with your portfolio. There are many different tests you can take to find out your risk tolerance. You also need to figure out how much risk or how little risk you need to take to reach the goals you’ve set for yourself.
- Diversification is not sexy, but it gets the job done. When you diversify your investments, you increase your chances that something you’re invested in does well. For example, cryptocurrency makes up around 2% of the world market, you should keep that in perspective when balancing and diversifying your portfolio.
- The market is on sale right now. You can buy stocks at a discount right now, so don’t stop investing. You want to get stocks at the best price possible, bear markets are an opportunity for that. The stock market is the biggest wealth creator of all time.
Connect with Jason Gabrieli: LinkedIn
Connect with Tyler Reedman: LinkedIn
Like what you’ve heard…
Learn more about HFM HERE
Schedule time to speak with us HERE
102 WEST HIGH STREET, SUITE 200
GLASSBORO, NJ 08028
HFM Investment Advisors, LLC is a registered investment adviser. All statements and opinions expressed are based upon information considered reliable although it should not be relied upon as such. Any statements or opinions are subject to change without notice. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. All investments involve risk and are not guaranteed. Information expressed does not take into account your specific situation or objectives and is not intended as a recommendation appropriate for any individual. Listeners are encouraged to seek advice from a qualified tax, legal, or investment advisor to determine whether any information presented may be suitable for their specific situation. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.