In this episode, Jason Gabrieli and Tyler Reedman discuss whether it’s a good time to buy a home given rising home prices. Most of us have a tendency to overanalyze our homebuying decisions and ultimately treat homebuying as an investment. In the conversation, they explain why you shouldn’t treat homeownership as an investment and they provide better metrics that help you decide whether it’s a good time for you to buy a home.
Tune into this episode to learn:
● How to decide whether or not to buy a home in this market
● Whether home prices will fall and how they have fallen in the past 35 years
● Why buying a home can help you beat inflation long-term.
[00:49] Episode overview: homeownership
[01:07] Is it a good time to buy a house?
[02:46] Should you buy a house even if interest rates are high?
[06:56] The BEST hedge against inflation for average Americans.
[08:45] Should you wait for home prices to drop before buying a home?
[13:32] How long you should live in your home before selling it
3 Key Highlights
- Just 30% of people in the US believe that now is a good time to buy a house. This is the first time this statistic has gone below 50% since 1978.
- Even if you buy a home with a high-interest rate, it is important to remember that interest rates can possibly go down. If they do, you can refinance your mortgage.
- If you don’t need to particularly buy a home right now, there is some merit to waiting until prices drop.
Connect with Jason Gabrieli: LinkedIn
Connect with Tyler Reedman: LinkedIn
Like what you’ve heard…
Learn more about HFM HERE
Schedule time to speak with us HERE
102 WEST HIGH STREET, SUITE 200
GLASSBORO, NJ 08028
HFM Investment Advisors, LLC is a registered investment adviser. All statements and opinions expressed are based upon information considered reliable although it should not be relied upon as such. Any statements or opinions are subject to change without notice. Information presented is for educational purposes only and does not intend to make an offer or solicitation for the sale or purchase of any specific securities, investments, or investment strategies. All investments involve risk and are not guaranteed. Information expressed does not take into account your specific situation or objectives and is not intended as a recommendation appropriate for any individual. Listeners are encouraged to seek advice from a qualified tax, legal, or investment advisor to determine whether any information presented may be suitable for their specific situation. Past performance is not indicative of future performance.